stiffness ratings among different manufacturers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golfer's Forum : Diamond Tour Golf Forum Index -> Golf Component Advice
longgonedaddy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: stiffness ratings among different manufacturers Reply with quote

I've read that different manufacturers' stiffness designations can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. For example, a UST stiff may actually flex like a Grafalloy X-stiff. Any of you have an idea of how the brands compare? thanks!
bassplayer7770

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make matters even more confusing, different shaft models from the same maker can play quite differently. There are some who measure shaft frequencies among other things to compare apples to apples. Here's a site that attempts to help as long as you understand what the measurements mean. I don't pretend to be an expert.

http://www.shaftprofiles.com/index.php

There is another Index I like to use, but I'm not sure DTG would appreciate it if I posted it here since it was created by a designer at another company.
longgonedaddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that link, but I couldn't make out anything. Laughing
bassplayer7770

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would have to sign up for a free account to see any of the profiles. There might be better sites out there, but I'm not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golfer's Forum : Diamond Tour Golf Forum Index -> Golf Component Advice All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: