How to pull shaft from FT5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golfer's Forum : Diamond Tour Golf Forum Index -> Golf Clubmaking & Golf Club Repair
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: How to pull shaft from FT5 Reply with quote

I have tried to remove a shaft from a Callaway FT5 and it will not let go no matter how many times I use a Hot Rod.Any Ideas
Robert
DTG Jeff
DTG Customer Service

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: FT5 shaft removal Reply with quote

Robert,
On the Callaway FT5 the plastic ferrule is actually a sleeve that goes all the way down into the shaft. There really isn't anyway of pulling a shaft without destroying the plastic ferrule. I recommend taking a wet towel and putting that on the head except by the hossel. Then take a heat gun and apply heat to the face of the club right in front of hossel. Basically your looking to melt the plastic ferrule out of the head. If you have a shaft puller you can also carefully cut away the top of cone part of the plastic ferrule with a knife and then pull the shaft with a shaft puller like normal. Obviously you will have to buy a new sleeve/ferrule. The one I have put in the link below typically works for Drivers like FT5 but you are going to want to measure it and check.

http://www.diamondtour.com/club-making/ferrules-and-adapters/410-bushing-ferrule.html

Jeff Bushnell
Diamond Tour Golf
Sales Manager
800-826-5340 x. 201

Follow Us On Facebook!
Robert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff

I will try that as I now have a new puller.

Thanks agian Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golfer's Forum : Diamond Tour Golf Forum Index -> Golf Clubmaking & Golf Club Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: