Epoxy and tape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golfer's Forum : Diamond Tour Golf Forum Index -> Golf Clubmaking & Golf Club Repair
GerryS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Epoxy and tape Reply with quote

Questions:

1. Is there a MSDS sheet for the epoxy you carry?
2. How long can grip tape be stored and still be good to use? In other words, does it have a shelf life?
3. How long can the 24 hour epoxy be stored and still be good to use? Again, is there a shelf life?
4. Is there a minimum storage temperature for the epoxy and the tape?

I suspect the answers to 2. and 3. are unlimited shelf life provided they are stored in a cool/dry location and not directly exposed to sunlight; however, I had this stuff in unheated storage and the temperatures may have hit 0F.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gerry
DTG Jeff
DTG Customer Service

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Shelf Life for tape and epoxy Reply with quote

GerryS

1. I am sorry I don't have a MSDS sheet for our epoxy but let me see if I can answer your questions for you.

2. I have had grip tape for up to 5 years without any problems, stored properly I have never hear of grip tape going bad. Obviously where you store it could effect it's longevity. I would keep it out of the heat and humidity and on the opposite side I would also keep it out of the extreme cold as well.

3. The epoxy I would say is a bit more temperamental and does have a shelf life. I you store it between 65*-75* you shouldn't have any problems getting 2 years or more out of it as long as it is out of direct sunlight and also is capped.

4. I wouldn't recommend storing the tape or the epoxy in anything less then 60 degrees if you were trying to maintain it's shelf life.

Jeff Bushnell
Diamond Tour Golf
Sales Manager
800-826-5340 x. 201

Follow Us On Facebook!
Mjonz20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the DTG epoxy that comes in 2 separate bottles and had them in my garage all winter without any problems. I just did a couple clubs the other day with them. I live in the.Midwest so it got to 0* a couple of times. The only thing is when I tried to use it during the winter, I had to bring it inside for a few hours or it came out of the bottle really slow. Just my personal experience.
GerryS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi All:

I do not have a lot of epoxy left and it is over two years old so it will probably just get recycled.

As for the tape, I will try and re-use it and I can do some quick tests to see if it is still good.

Thanks for the responses and have a good Easter weekend.

Regards,

GerryS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golfer's Forum : Diamond Tour Golf Forum Index -> Golf Clubmaking & Golf Club Repair All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: