19 strokes off my game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golfer's Forum : Diamond Tour Golf Forum Index -> Golf Club Reviews & Testimonials
longgonedaddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: 19 strokes off my game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I've been an occasional player for nearly twenty years, playing no more than once a month most years. I never had good gear either, usually just hand-me-downs or bargain-bin clubs. I'm 6'2" and for years i've been telling people that I need longer clubs, people who I trusted their golfing knowledge. They had all told me that it wasn't the clubs, just I had to find the right swing. So after years of contorting my body to find the right swing, I decided to go for a fitting. Turns out I need + 1/2" and +2 degrees upright lie.

Two weeks ago, I received my order of Evil Eye 2 irons and driver. I fitted the irons with the UST constant weight shafts and the driver with the UST HMOI 70.

My biggest problem in the past was consistency. I would get great shots off once in a while, but most were flubs. Today I went out with my new clubs to a course I played at the beginning of August and shot a 124. Today, i shot a 105!!!!!!

Today, I bogeyed the first two holes, got three more bogeys, a par and a birdie! I haven't had a birdie in probably 7 or 8 years. Yes, the wheels came off on a couple of holes, but, that's golf right? Wink

I hit two drives close to 300 yards and had only a handful of "bad" drives. The rest of the drives were all around 270, in the past, a great drive was 270, today it wasonly average! The irons were just as impressive. I never had backspin on a ball before. Never. But today, I noticed that from the 7 on through the PW, the ball would hit and go only a few feet more.

So all in all, I saw a huge improvement in my game, and I attribute it to having both proper fitting and good quality equipment.

Thanks to Diamond Tour Golf, and you can expect another order from me to round out my set!

-Ron
DTG Jeff
DTG Customer Service

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: 19 strokes off my game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

longgonedaddy,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on you success with our clubs. I am glad they are working out so well for you and please let us know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Jeff Bushnell
Diamond Tour Golf
Sales Manager
800-826-5340 x. 201

Follow Us On Facebook!
longgonedaddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the fairway 4 and the AW iron heads last night! Looking forward to them as well!
longgonedaddy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shot a 99 tonight after work! First time I ever broke 100!!!!!!!!!!

What I've learned since getting the Evil Eye 2's is that I have a lot of bad habits to un-learn from years of compensating for the wrong sized clubs.

While I still have a few clunker shots each round, the shots that I hit well are hit significantly better than what I used to hit. 25+ yards more on the drive and easily another 10 on the irons. And much straighter, too.

Now I think I need a few good lessons, and I'll be looking at breaking 90!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golfer's Forum : Diamond Tour Golf Forum Index -> Golf Club Reviews & Testimonials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: